• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules
elk yinzer
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• elk yinzer
      elk yinzer reacted to Glenn's post in the thread Near fall experience with Like Like.
      This. I've hunted with guys who have a scavenger hunt every time they get ready to head out. Tethers, ropes, biners etc. Pack dump...
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer replied to the thread Near fall experience.
      Newbs should read #15 and #16 a few times. It's not about toting around all the fancy gear and looking the part, it's knowing how to...
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer reacted to woodsdog2's post in the thread Near fall experience with Like Like.
      Regardless of your spot, organize and use your gear to be able to do the same thing and use the same things over and over again until...
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer reacted to Exhumis's post in the thread How did you cook your turkey? with Like Like.
      I have my neighbor smoke it then throw it in the insta pot with collared greens.
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer replied to the thread How did you cook your turkey?.
      Breastesses, meh. Usually cut in chunks, brine in pickle juice and buttermilk, coat in seasoned flower, don't forget the MSG if you're...
      • 1713805717108.png
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer reacted to BTaylor's post in the thread How did you cook your turkey? with Like Like.
      With half the breast from Saturday’s bird, I made up a batch of turkey Alfredo with mushrooms and broccoli. Banza pasta and scratch...
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer replied to the thread Cleaning up.
      My favorite screening cover is light, so it's almost never a bad thing to open it up, sometimes it's just a short term sacrifice which...
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer replied to the thread Cleaning up.
      Why? When I do habitat work I'm usually trying to make it thicker. Unless I'm trying to turn invasive crap back into natives.
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer replied to the thread 2tc vs one sticking.
      On paper so can I but I one-sticked every hunt last year. 2 TC is fine I just find one-sticking a little...easier? Idk. I'm not super...
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer reacted to Horn's post in the thread 2tc vs one sticking with Like Like.
      I think some it is marketing/ money. It's just not flashy like a fancy one stick. Kinda hard to really hype up a couple pieces of rope...
    • elk yinzer
      I've never experienced that, but yeah, that would be unnerving. I've seen youtubes of one-handed rappels on a MR, rather cringeworthy...
    • elk yinzer
      elk yinzer replied to the thread Saddle Tree Setup Discussion.
      I'm not just talking about the shot, I'm talking about scanning for deer without injuring my neck too.
    • elk yinzer
      Not ideally, like 10-12 is perfect, but I can swing around the backside of the tree to shoot usually all the way to 2-3, sometimes more...
    • elk yinzer
      I'll skip ahead 995 words... I do my best to put deer at 9 - 2, but sometimes it doesn't shake out that way. That's why I'm such a...
      • 1713196408921.png
    • elk yinzer
      Used properly, the device doesn't so much control your rate of rappel with assisted belay devices, your brake hand does. I cringe at...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back