• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need a lighter platform

HeyBoom32

As the title says, I need a lighter platform. Right now, I've been running a Mission platform, which I like a lot, but she's got some weight to her. I have problems with sore feet a lot so I was eyeing a Seeker or the new Onyx, but both are sold out or back ordered. The idea of the contoured/curved edge seems like it may help with my foot pain some, but who knows for sure. Seems logical to me anyway. Since both of those platforms are unavailable, does anyone have any suggestions for a similar style platform? contoured, and lighter than the Mission. Thanks!

Not the style you've mentioned but a pursuit platform with a couple/ three bullman platform steps on the strap with it are the bees knees as far as lightness and compactness go. Pretty dang comfy to stand on as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Treehopper Tree-Suit! Not the most packable platform but it’s super light and holds tight to the tree. I have a mission as well…anything is lighter than the mission

I know you mentioned foot pain, but if you want lighter try a ring of steps

Others have mentioned it already, but I’m in on the pursuit.. comfortable and not bad price. I have a bullman step on either side of it and love that set up

I’m using the Ridge Runner right now, and love it. Looks to be about 2 lbs lighter than the Mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have pretty much all of the platforms listed above and I should mention that I almost ALWAYS use a ROS with them...
Not only for getting around the tree, but for comfort as well. If I start getting sore somewhere I can switch positions on the steps or platform to alleviate the pain.
Also, if the wind switches I just turn to watch a different direction. A ROS is a must for me!

Screenshot_20220905-110217_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220905-105826_Gallery.jpg

Great feedback, thank you guys. While not the platform I want per say, I did manage to locate a used EDP. Smaller and lighter than my Mission, but no angle to it. Solves the weight issue, but not necessarily the foot pain issue. Although, I don't even know for sure if a Seeker or an Onyx would make any difference in the foot pain anyway.. never used either one. The angled edge just seems like it may help some but I really don't know.

Great feedback, thank you guys. While not the platform I want per say, I did manage to locate a used EDP. Smaller and lighter than my Mission, but no angle to it. Solves the weight issue, but not necessarily the foot pain issue. Although, I don't even know for sure if a Seeker or an Onyx would make any difference in the foot pain anyway.. never used either one. The angled edge just seems like it may help some but I really don't know.
Is your foot pain isolated to saddle time or is it something you deal with in your daily life?

My feet give me a hard time regularly. I have difficulty standing for long periods of time. My feet just throb. And my right knee has had more work done than Nancy Pelosi's face so... yeah.
I'd add a few steps to whatever platform you wind up using to give yourself more options to sit and lean at different angles and hopefully find some comfort that way

My feet give me a hard time regularly. I have difficulty standing for long periods of time. My feet just throb. And my right knee has had more work done than Nancy Pelosi's face so... yeah.

Are you mostly leaning or sitting in your saddle? A position change in addition to looking at what boots you are using and most likely to help. Do you use kneepads?

Platform development is an area that the industry has been stalled now for the last few years. A lot of repetitious designs and materials.

You could say the same about iphones, and unless people want to pay aerospace prices for aerospace materials and forging, it ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Back