• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Klemz post

Erniepower

Vendor Rep
A few of you have asked for a post for the klemz/bassboy seat. It took me a while to get materials etc, but here you go. I am still trying source all black grade 8 hardware, so you may get gold, but you get the point.

The finished picture shows a post I spray painted black. You would have to paint your own.

Pm me for details

9fcdac240dc9759965a2165144c8b1d6.jpg
c2eb2e5b1c3790ebc3e54558117779e4.jpg
8fb3affe1a157c3318e5128da65ee15f.jpg
aea4f4fd9d0a9a3c454819fc289b85d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice! Does it get tight enough to the tree camming the seat over with the buckle tight? Never used one like that before but have seen pics of that setup

Nice! Does it get tight enough to the tree camming the seat over with the buckle tight? Never used one like that before but have seen pics of that setup
It gets very tight. You can always tighten it like you would an assassin by standing on the post and lifting the seat with your other foot then recamming the seat.

I have used this method as well as a rope mod with amsteel with great success.

Ernie sent me a prototype and I can verify it tightens down rock solid. I really really really like the Klemz style. IMO it's superior to the seat-style we're currently using.

Once we get the finalized SHeat complete and cast, it will no doubt be a runaway success.

Ernie sent me a prototype and I can verify it tightens down rock solid. I really really really like the Klemz style. IMO it's superior to the seat-style we're currently using.

Once we get the finalized SHeat complete and cast, it will no doubt be a runaway success.

Why do you always get all the coolest tools to check out?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ernie just built me one looking forward to getting it attached to my sole remaining original LW seat.

The prototype i have right now has a cam cleat (like Muddy stick) in place of the versabutton. It works AMAZINGLY well.

As we talked about I am building the cut down Assault platform in the same style. Have it all drilled and mocked up, just waiting on my grade 8 hardware and XOP bracket to arrive. With the seat kit do you still need the spacer to level it? That is the one point I've yet to address with mine. Toyed with a couple different ways to level it but want to see if it is even an issue, being stuck at square might not bother me.

I had a versa button on there but didn't like how it wouldn't fold down tight the platform so I threw the attachment point from Hawk Heliums on there to use witht that cam strap...Whereas some are OCD about ounces I am about compactness...a note for your new cast platform hopefully it is made to fold up tight!

Are you reinforcing the pivot point on yours? Seems with camming over that torque is going to put a lot of stress on the tube over time with 1/4" hardware?

The post for the seat and the base is identical with the exception of I add a 1/2" or 9/16" spacer to the bottom of the post if it is used for the base.. That puts the, platform level or slightly past center

There is a press fit insert to account for all the extra stress on the post by the bolt. This keeps the hole from deforming under stress.

Well, look what I just found in my "stuff"

How do I get one of those posts?
9206a0a75262f3275498afbb2733db9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That's a gen 2 seat, and in order for this post to work will require you to drill a new set of holes. If you use the existing holes, the teeth don't stick out the back as far, and there is a gap between the seat and the post causing it to over rotate.

Here is a picture of how I modified the one I had.

If you are comfortable making this modification, shoot me a pm for details on the post.

f9bd5bc544eaef1bdb309bb37d995319.jpg

I was hoping this was going to go unnoticed lol saddle hunting greed guilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of yinz just keep the seat let me know I'll buy the platform at the right price. I want to make a frankenstand I'm not fully out of the treestand game.

Back