• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether an linemens belt

IHI6FAN

Vendor Rep
Im thinking ablut switching up my setup a bit. I use the 11mm predator rope now with 2 ropemans an have thought about going to 8mm with ropemans. I have to build a second tether an belt since my girlfriend is thinking about giving deer hunting a shot. I already have another Kestrel anyhow. So this wont cost me too much lol an thought i might see if this smaller rope will be alittle more pack able.

I was about to ask the very same question. I use the search function here regularly and get information overload. I am with you, is 8mm rope recomended to use as a tether. I know the ropemans need 10mm rope but a kong duck can go down to 8mm.

Check with @redsquirrel but I believe you may need to switch up to a Ropeman 2. I believe that is designed for a smaller diameter rope.

Yes your correct. Have to use rope man 2.
What 8mm rope do people recommend? I want something that i can splice an eye in.

The ropeman 1 is only rated for 10mm rope. The ropeman 2 and kong duck are rated lower. The best smaller diameter rope I've found is 9mm sterling htp. That is what I'm currently using. The ropeman 2 runs better on it than any other rope I've tried it on. It has a pretty tough sheath.

Back