• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Killa Mike is a bad man. Update

Keenan1561

I work with at risk teenage boys. They named this guy Killa Mike.
Today was my first day out. The wind was perfect, the temp was perfect, I was in the stand early.
About 7:15 am I see a doe come crashing through the woods at about 60 yards. Right behind her is Killa Mike, head down, eys locked in on that doe. They keep going down toward the creek out of sight.
I give a couple tending grunts like I was another big buck. About 15 mins later Killa Mike walks slowly diagonally infront of me at about 60 yards. He then walks away from me to about 100 yards to his scrap. He then proceeds to go nuts on the scrap and surrounding saplings. He ripped a couple out of the ground. He walked slowly away out of sight.
Guess what? Tomorrow the wind is perfect, the temperature with be colder than is been but still perfect. It's also my day off.
734576e86242fab4f951028440ee0b61.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That’s a stud

Hope u get a crack at him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw him again this morning. Dam he's huge. Back at it tomorrow. Moved a stand. If he follows the same pattern we should be meeting tomorrow morning. This time he'll be in arrow range.

I work with at risk teenage boys. They named this guy Killa Mike.
Today was my first day out. The wind was perfect, the temp was perfect, I was in the stand early.
About 7:15 am I see a doe come crashing through the woods at about 60 yards. Right behind her is Killa Mike, head down, eys locked in on that doe. They keep going down toward the creek out of sight.
I give a couple tending grunts like I was another big buck. About 15 mins later Killa Mike walks slowly diagonally infront of me at about 60 yards. He then walks away from me to about 100 yards to his scrap. He then proceeds to go nuts on the scrap and surrounding saplings. He ripped a couple out of the ground. He walked slowly away out of sight.
Guess what? Tomorrow the wind is perfect, the temperature with be colder than is been but still perfect. It's also my day off.
734576e86242fab4f951028440ee0b61.jpg

Hi Keenan,
Sometimes that forced under pressured area will hold deer more often. It can be a blessing that lifes responsibilities pays us huge dividends even when our thoughts are where we want to be but have to focus on paying the Bill's too...good luck brother
May the Magic of the Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

Back