• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium Mini Stick Aiders

chutto12

What is the best aider method for the Hawk Helium Minis? I'm currently using a 4 step aider from Metolius, but I'm not sure that I'm sold on it. I'm having a hard time getting my foot deep enough in the footholds, and it also seems to twist on me more than I would like. I'm considering trying the knaider / swaider or a permanent amsteel aider attached directly to the stick. What have you guys found to be the best and safest aiders?

I have one single step girth hitched that I used a couple times. Really like it. Recently purchased two 2-step aiders from a member and put them on last night. The way I figure it with the aiders I've eliminated the need for the fourth stick so I can now carry three. Mine are all the amsteel type.

I've looked at theirs and was considering the 2 or 3 step amsteel aider that would stay on the stick. Is that what you use?
I have full length helium’s but use those aider. They’re nice in that they’re lightweight and fold down compact but you need to be deliberate and intentional when you’re climbing. What I mean is I’ve found you have to be watching where you put your foot and make sure you’ve got good purchase since they’re so small in diameter and around. Other than that I really like them. I use two step aiders

I use the cable aiders from DanO, they work great - highly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
EZ Outdoors has an Etsy shop, good price and specific aiders to helium’s. Great service and fast shipping. I prefer the standard vs the one that ties onto the steps. Easier to get on off. I have the Helium 20”minis and with the aiders, I can use three sticks and get 20’ up no issue.

EZ Outdoors has an Etsy shop, good price and specific aiders to helium’s. Great service and fast shipping. I prefer the standard vs the one that ties onto the steps. Easier to get on off. I have the Helium 20”minis and with the aiders, I can use three sticks and get 20’ up no issue.
Thanks! I'll definitely check them out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back