• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cranford Mfg. strap on ring of steps

John Eberhart

Vendor Rep
There is no question whatsoever that Cranford Mfg. makes the very best screw in steps and camera mounts in the marketplace and they are all made in the USA.

Over a year ago I mentioned that Cranford was coming out with a ring of steps and individual strap on steps different than their current rope strap-on steps.

Well it won't be long as I expect them to be available in the next month or so if not sooner. They will begin checking out the market with a strap on ring of 4 steps and the steps will be made of steel and each step will fold so they will be easier to pack. These steps will also grip the tree better than any other strap on ring of steps I've seen or used which will not allow them to kick to the side with side pressure when moving around the tree. You will also be able to add or take steps off the strap.

Now the only downside. The strap will be a ratchet strap which as you know, can be a bit noisy when setting up near where deer bed. Cranford is using steel steps and a HD ratchet strap for liability and safety purposes.

I will let you know when they are available as I will get the first set to try. I have a prototype of the ones they made last year and they work great so I can't imagine Cranford working backwards.

Good Hunting and Hunt Safe

Back