• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bolts best cordless drill

Cheapest, smallest, most powerfulest impact driver you can find. If doing multiple trees, maybe a bigger or extra battery. Mine is a Black and Decker 20V.

Last edited:
I have a Dewalt I would almost be willing to give you, but it is horrible for this application and I wouldn't intentionally do that to you...

Those 'in the know' have always suggested a Milwaukee Fuel when I asked them the same question. It is not cheap, but you'll save money in the long run from NOT filling up a swear jar with coins every time you want to preset trees.

Thanks I have Dewalt 20 volt just wanted to see what everyone is using going to go with the lithium batteries just not sure what brand

Thanks I have Dewalt 20 volt just wanted to see what everyone is using going to go with the lithium batteries just not sure what brand
Have a DW20volt that does just fine, can’t use those little freebie batteries though……

I've got a cheapy 20 volt lithium drill that I bought at Walmart that has done nine bolts for eight different trees so far... I've gotten all nine drilled for one tree for each hunting trip so far... I just make sure I go out with a fresh battery (little 1.5amp that came with it)and a sharp drill bit most importantly... But we'll see how long it lasts... Satisfied my needs so far

Back