• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

bolts

1. gcr0003

Spikes, Bolts, and Screw in Steps

Should they be made legal on all public land? Permit or not? Fine for leaving them in the woods? If your state game or national forest land permits them, what are the rules? Let’s go! @kyler1945 @Nutterbuster
  2. LAKY

Carrying Bolts and Drill with JX3 Hybrid Versa Pack System

For those people using the JX3 Hybrid with the Pack system, that binocular pouch has a perfect section on the back of it to store a bunch of bolts and a treehopper mini drill. It packs really nice and puts them right where you need them while installing bolts.
  3. S

Modified SitDrag

Modified SitDrag with attached molle webbing, 2 dump pouches, 2 bottle holders, amsteel bridge with back rest, tether with prusik and caribiner, linemans belt with ropeman 1 and caribiner, EZ Kut drill with 12 bolts and belt holder. Whole shebang for $250 shipped OBO. Can also part it out if...
  4. Murph4028

Combining climbing methods

I've been doing a lot of post season scouting and tree prepping on the public land I hunt lately and with that I've been trying out new climbing methods, especially bolts. I have been one stick climbing for years and decided to branch out lately to try new things. Tried spurs, didnt like them...
  5. Murph4028

7075 aluminum bolts

With all the negative carbon bolts talk on here lately it's kind of got me second guessing my carbon bolts. I am prone to bad luck. Anyway I was wondering if there's any reason why no one has tried 7075 aluminum bolts. We use climbing sticks all the time made from 6061 so it seems like 7075 rods...
Back