• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Filtering Waypoints by Date

USSHornet

SH Member
Does anyone have an app that does this? I want to filter my waypoints for a given hunting location (folder) each season. It seems like a simple feature but my app ONX does not let me do this easily. Let me explain. Each season I add waypoints to a specific hunting location, e.g. Ft Knox. That same hunting location gets inundated over the years with my seasonal waypoints making it a mess of waypoints. I just want to have an interface that lets me select my hunting location, and the seasons I want to hide waypoints for (filter). I don’t want to delete them, just hide them. That allows me to start my season with my scouting waypoints for the current season visible, all previous seasons hidden. If I want to see if there is a pattern for a previous season deer movement I can re-open waypoints for that season I want to compare by changing my date filter criteria.

Thanks for your advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spartan forge makes it fairly easy to hide waypoints. Just deselect all the points from the prior year.

Here's what it looks like . As you can see it lists the times the waypoints was created. No sorting unfortunately. Maybe you can do that from the website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240427-010426.png
    Screenshot_20240427-010426.png
    562.5 KB · Views: 9
Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but OnX lets you filter by date…oldest to newest, newest to oldest, etc. Maybe you’re meaning by a specific date, say today’s date 04/27/2024. If so , I don’t believe it will let you do that.

Attachments

• IMG_2302.png
    IMG_2302.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 10
Following. I try to keep waypoints organized by a different color for each year. That helps somewhat. OnX does allow you to select and view the waypoints or choose to not view them as well.

I’ve been frustrated by a similar question with Gaia. One of my solutions has been to color code seasonal waypoints, but it’s a HUGE pain. For example - I mark rubs with a green waypoint, then before I new season starts I go through and one by one change all the green ones to brown. It takes a long time and a lot of effort, but it gets me by. I’ve always thought there should be a way to do this quickly.

Spartan forge makes it fairly easy to hide waypoints. Just deselect all the points from the prior year.

Here's what it looks like . As you can see it lists the times the waypoints was created. No sorting unfortunately. Maybe you can do that from the website.

I can hide individual waypoints in ONX but that gets tedious. I want the ability to select a folder and give my start and stop date and all waypoints that meet my criteria get hidden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but OnX lets you filter by date…oldest to newest, newest to oldest, etc. Maybe you’re meaning by a specific date, say today’s date 04/27/2024. If so , I don’t believe it will let you do that.

It lets you sort by date but I don’t think you can hide using a date

Following. I try to keep waypoints organized by a different color for each year. That helps somewhat. OnX does allow you to select and view the waypoints or choose to not view them as well.

Yea I can hide individually but that becomes problematic when there are lots of them to hide lol

I’ve been frustrated by a similar question with Gaia. One of my solutions has been to color code seasonal waypoints, but it’s a HUGE pain. For example - I mark rubs with a green waypoint, then before I new season starts I go through and one by one change all the green ones to brown. It takes a long time and a lot of effort, but it gets me by. I’ve always thought there should be a way to do this quickly.

I even created seasonal folders for each of my hunting locations but no thanks it’s too much work when they should just add dates as filtering criteria it can’t be that difficult.

It lets me use dates oldest to newest to sort the waypoints but not hide/show them.

Back