• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Two Favors Needed

Maustypsu

I'm looking at grappling hooks. This is for picking up things I drop from my tree - not for me to play ninja. So I want a light weight one. Anybody using one of these and a good way to roll the rope back up?

Anyone have links for any good videos that show how to set up a tree to repel down. Is this just a basic knot and simple one ascender????

I thought I had Posted the ones I made from s-hooks from broken bungees. I'll have to look. Been housing the for years.

I picked this one up in my bowshop a few months ago:
86722846bb832d13ecbcc8c745e71344.jpg

21790a36228642d7bc14169db15f106e.jpg

f9d3a5436893bb6f89ba25f58c4e3ba3.jpg

Made from robust plastic
Hooks swing in so they can't snag on anything
4 magnets to get that release back up (one each side and one on the bottom)
Storage compartment inside

I think I paid 15 bucks (came with a rope and a cheap 'biner)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the one I was looking at getting, was just going to use my doyles hoist. I just wish they made a plastic version. The metal is nice, I think just WAY over kill.

Thanks,
Boswell

I picked this one up in my bowshop a few months ago:
86722846bb832d13ecbcc8c745e71344.jpg

21790a36228642d7bc14169db15f106e.jpg

f9d3a5436893bb6f89ba25f58c4e3ba3.jpg

Made from robust plastic
Hooks swing in so they can't snag on anything
4 magnets to get that release back up (one each side and one on the bottom)
Storage compartment inside

I think I paid 15 bucks (came with a rope and a cheap 'biner)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the one I'm using as well

JoMat, Bass, does it have a brand or a name that I can search for?

If you want light just get a large treble hook and cut to points off. Has worked well for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'm looking at grappling hooks. This is for picking up things I drop from my tree - not for me to play ninja. So I want a light weight one. Anybody using one of these and a good way to roll the rope back up?

Not sure if you found something already, but here's what I picked up (size 7/0):http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-weighted-treble-hooks

I cut the tips off of the hooks, filed them so there were not sharp spots, and bent the barbs flat. Then I dipped the hook in black plasti-dip (rubber tool handle material, found it at Menards).

To manage my rope I found a "rope holder" at Menards for $0.59. It's a little bigger than my smartphone and weighs next to nothing. And it has a handle. Here's the link...
https://www.menards.com/main/tools-...2-c-12173.htm?tid=-4563688922656004466&ipos=1

Back