• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sit drag x 2

67elmustang

SH Member
Has anyone thought about using 2 sit drags together for lower back and back of thighs.
I would think you could sew strapping to connect both like a saddle and this would allow
Bridge and linesman hookup and give extra support.
I don't own a sit drag and only tried ambush and neoprene saddles a couple of times.
Ive been using a guidos all season and have no regrets.
Just thinking out of the box seeing the evo modded strap and the molle saddle.

That thought actually crossed my mind the other day. I think it would work!

Cbigbear added a molle seat to his BOD harness. The deal with the minimalist saddle like the sit-drag is you dont actually sit on it. My molle saddle is the same way, that forms a cup that doesnt touch your thighs or your back. My new minimalist saddle is similar shape to the sit-drag. The idea(for me anyway) is I wear it as a lineman belt around my waist to climb, hook up the bridge, adjust it to my butt and lean into it after removing the lineman belt. If you try to sit in these things like a swing set, you will likely feel the pinch and be uncomfortable. I tried sitting in a single molle belt, painful! Thats when I realized adding a second one for my back wouldnt solve the pinching of the one Im sitting on. Thats when sewing them together gave me the shape to cup my butt and lean into it, versus sitting on it.

The dedicated lineman belt loops is something I've been thinking about. I'm not sure if they are completely necessary yet.

g2outdoors said:
The dedicated lineman belt loops is something I've been thinking about. I'm not sure if they are completely necessary yet.

You could do loops like mine as linemans loops. I have no doubts it would hold my weight.

Sent from space

kenn1320 said:
The deal with the minimalist saddle like the sit-drag is you dont actually sit on it./quote]
Here is another situation where we're finding everyone prefers something different (the beauty of saddles!!). I use all my saddles pretty much the same. I sit on it with my knees slightly above horizontal. But I would definitely call it sitting and not leaning. I find if I'm leaning into a saddle It wants to slide up my back.

g2outdoors said:

Rolling this idea around on some similar things right now and I'm leaning towards not. The bridge hookups can probably just be dual purposed.

Re: RE: Re: Sit drag x 2

redsquirrel said:
g2outdoors said:

Rolling this idea around on some similar things right now and I'm leaning towards not. The bridge hookups can probably just be dual purposed.
I'm thinking the same thing. Gonna sew some wire into the loops to make them easy to clip to.

g2outdoors said:
redsquirrel said:
g2outdoors said:

I'm thinking the same thing. Gonna sew some wire into the loops to make them easy to clip to.
Nice idea!

I thought about it but the added weight is something I am trying to get away from in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would use something like a rubber tubbing or clear shrink tube on the outside to get the same effect. If you use piping inside the cloth tube you wont be seeing the wear from the wire on the inside. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a woman complain about the underwire in her bra poking through in my lifetime I would be able to buy a NT evo... or maybe two. ;)

I hadn't thought about the wire wearing out the webbing from the inside. Do you guys think that could really be an issue? Seems like a long shot, but it could happen I suppose.

I have sewn 8mm utility rope inside 1" tubular webbing to hold a loop. It works, but I think a better choice might be some sort of hollow plastic tubing. I wouldnt say aquarium tubing, but similar only larger diameter. You have to watch what type of wire you use, as it might take memory and leave you with a long narrow loop when weight is applied, instead of a nice open one.

kenn1320 said:
I have sewn 8mm utility rope inside 1" tubular webbing to hold a loop. It works, but I think a better choice might be some sort of hollow plastic tubing. I wouldnt say aquarium tubing, but similar only larger diameter. You have to watch what type of wire you use, as it might take memory and leave you with a long narrow loop when weight is applied, instead of a nice open one.

I like your idea Kenn and sewing rope in would add strength to the ring as well. Some of that PMI EZ Bend or Blue Water Stuph it seems like everyone here has somewhere around their house.

DIYSaddler said:
kenn1320 said:

I like your idea Kenn and sewing rope in would add strength to the ring as well. Some of that PMI EZ Bend or Blue Water Stuph it seems like everyone here has somewhere around their house.

What material will be the main loop? The rope adds cross section to the area the carabiner is applied, but nothing for strength. I got the idea from Cbigbear and how he does it doesnt add strength. You slide a piece of rope into the tubular webbing and tie an over hand knot just outside the rope.
Guess Im also confused why you guys arent just using the 2 main loops on the sit-drag as your lineman and bridge connection?

g2outdoors said:
I hadn't thought about the wire wearing out the webbing from the inside. Do you guys think that could really be an issue? Seems like a long shot, but it could happen I suppose.

How about some rubber tubing instead, like the stuff I'm using on my aiders. Check out the plumbing section at home depot, they have all sorts of sizes.

kenn1320 said:
What material will be the main loop? The rope adds cross section to the area the carabiner is applied, but nothing for strength. I got the idea from Cbigbear and how he does it doesnt add strength. You slide a piece of rope into the tubular webbing and tie an over hand knot just outside the rope. Guess Im also confused why you guys arent just using the 2 main loops on the sit-drag as your lineman and bridge connection?

I'm planning to use the main loops of the SitDrag. I'm talking about stiffening them up so they're easier to use with carabiners. I have webbing loops on my RC harness that I use to preset trees in the off season. Those webbing loops (similar to the SitDrag) can be a PITA to use with my lineman belt because they're flopping around and don't always remain open.

I want to avoid that hassle with the SitDrag loops by stiffening then up with wire, tubing, plastic etc.

g2outdoors said:
kenn1320 said:
What material will be the main loop? The rope adds cross section to the area the carabiner is applied, but nothing for strength. I got the idea from Cbigbear and how he does it doesnt add strength. You slide a piece of rope into the tubular webbing and tie an over hand knot just outside the rope. Guess Im also confused why you guys arent just using the 2 main loops on the sit-drag as your lineman and bridge connection?

I'm planning to use the main loops of the SitDrag. I'm talking about stiffening them up so they're easier to use with carabiners. I have webbing loops on my RC harness that I use to preset trees in the off season. Those webbing loops (similar to the SitDrag) can be a PITA to use with my lineman belt because they're flopping around and don't always remain open.

I want to avoid that hassle with the SitDrag loops by stiffening then up with wire, tubing, plastic etc.
is your bridge tied directly to the loops or are you using carabiners?

redsquirrel said:
g2outdoors said:
kenn1320 said:

is your bridge tied directly to the loops or are you using carabiners?
Tied directly. Actually it's going to be fixed eyes with 1/4 amsteel. I'll post pics and video when I get it finished.

Back