• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Flaooza 24’ aka Florida saddle hunter meet up

You make it tempting for some of us "Northern Boys" to drive South and spoil your time. If I can find one or two guys to come along I might do so. It's currently -9F and will drop overnight; it was -2 as I was outside barbequing dinner for the family this afternoon. Florida weather sounds fantastic right now.
we had a few guys from PN, Ky and South Carolina make the trip last year. So far a KY and a TN member are coming down this year. We like our northern hunting buddies down here too. So far @DanO has resisted but we keep holding out hope that one of these days he will come join us.

Right now, the dew point is -14, I'll let you do the math. The only thing I know from this is, it will likely not get below -14 tonight..
Yea we usually have day time weather between 52 and 72 around mid February. Sometimes we get cold but nothing like y’all get up there

we had a few guys from PN, Ky and South Carolina make the trip last year. So far a KY and a TN member are coming down this year. We like our northern hunting buddies down here too. So far @DanO has resisted but we keep holding out hope that one of these days he will come join us.
DanO came to one of our Wisconsin meets, he really is a great guy. He hand delivered our orders at the meet to save us the shipping cost and brought along a bunch of his offerings for us to try out. He's an interesting guy to talk to--he really knows his stuff. I recommend you try harder to get him down there.

P.S. NOW is the time to talk him into it, I believe he is currently suffering the same weather we are.

Last edited:
DanO came to one of our Wisconsin meets, he really is a great guy. He hand delivered our orders at the meet to save us the shipping cost and brought along a bunch of his offerings for us to try out. He's an interesting guy to talk to--he really knows his stuff. I recommend you try harder to get him down there.

P.S. NOW is the time to talk him into it, I believe he is currently suffering the same weather we are.
He came down to the old Saddle Palooza in Ga back in the day. He’s awesome. lol last year Hunter hit me up and said he’s trying to convince DanO to let him come down because well it’s Florida

Super Excited to announce our very own SaddleHunter.com as an event sponsor. Big thanks to @redsquirrel and also Hang Free will be there to show case some gear and answer questions about their products as well as do some giveaways!

I’m waiting on a final response from 3 companies and the event will be finalized.

We just signed the catering deal with another BBQ cook off champion business called
Cool Beans BBQ & Catering. They are gonna set up at lunch time. With your event ticket, it comes with a wristband that covers the price of your meal on Saturday. They will begin serving food from noon until 2:30.
The food options include beef brisket, pulled pork, ribs, baked beans, Mac& cheese, Cole slaw, potato salad, and jambalaya.
IMG_9216.jpegIMG_9213.jpegIMG_9214.jpegIMG_9215.jpeg

Ok Bullman is sending us some steps with each type of attachment method for the demo and give away…. Two more responses away from everything being finalized.

I do ask guys who are coming to go on our website and get their ticket so I have a head count for food and t-shirt orders.

You make it tempting for some of us "Northern Boys" to drive South and spoil your time. If I can find one or two guys to come along I might do so. It's currently -9F and will drop overnight; it was -2 as I was outside barbequing dinner for the family this afternoon. Florida weather sounds fantastic right now.
Coldest I’ve ever been was in Port Washington, WI in January. Woke up to -24 and a “feels like” of -40. Disgusting, and it should be illegal to be that cold.
Conversely, I went to Ocala, FL once in January and it was 80-something during the day. Like, WTAH is that about?!

I signed up but missed last years event due to family issues but I still wear my shirt that was sent to me. I have a new granddaughter on the way but hopefully all the stars align and I can make the drive down. I signed up last night and looking forward to putting some faces with real names, plus learn some climbing techniques from you experts.

I signed up but missed last years event due to family issues but I still wear my shirt that was sent to me. I have a new granddaughter on the way but hopefully all the stars align and I can make the drive down. I signed up last night and looking forward to putting some faces with real names, plus learn some climbing techniques from you experts.
Definitely hoping you can make it down this year buddy. The shirt is gonna be even cooler lol
And we have a pretty good amount of gear this year. With the “colder” weather we’ve been having I’m sure the pigs will be more active as well

Man I wish this was a month later, I'll be down in Florida with my kids mid March. Have fun ya flaoozys!
Sorry Dutch, our small game hunting season ends the first week of March and then it’s turkey quota only hunts so we can’t put it on in March brother… would have been nice to have ya there

@Fl Canopy Stalker Is there something wrong with the Panama City area? That would be way easier for me. :p
It’s finding WMA’s with camp grounds and bathroom facilities that can host the number of people we have. Mid February is still deer quotas in the panhandle as well… the spot I pick is around 2 hours from us north east Florida boys, about 2.5 to 3 from the south Florida folks, close to all the central Florida guys, and it’s still a 4 hour drive for the Panama City crowd :tearsofjoy:
Plus you only want to go to the redneck riviera during spring break ;)

Back